Haliburton Lions Childhood Cancer Initiative ~ April 2021
Childhood Cancer Initiative – A16 Service Project
Summary Report - April 2021
On behalf of our committee, (Lion Tina Hadley, David Mills and Gail Stelter), here is our summary report of the Childhood Cancer A16 Service Project.
Our participation in the A16 childhood Cancer Service Project is now complete:
1. We have created 10 activity bags. Each bag contains age-appropriate materials: colouring and sticker books, crayons and pencil crayons, puzzle books and a new story book.
2. We have provided 10 hand written cards.
3. We have provided 10 gift cards of $10. each
4. The bags have been delivered to District Childhood Cancer Childhood Cancer Chair, Christine Weerdenburg.
5. We have prepared a brief write up for our Facebook Page as follows:
As members of the Haliburton and District Lions Club, we are given many opportunities and avenues to make a difference; to help others. One that is truly gratifying is the Childhood Cancer Initiative. Our most recent endeavour has been to participate in Lions District A16 project for children undergoing cancer treatments. We have created ten activity bags. Each bag contains age-appropriate activities such as sticker books, colouring and puzzle books, crayons and pencil crayons, a hand written card, a new story book and a gift certificate. We are sharing this with you as a reminder to our local community that should childhood cancer be a reality for a member of your family, we are here to assist. Please feel most welcome to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or text 705-455-2772.